Monday, March 5, 2007

Good News or Bad News? You Decide

Two doctors today! More than I went to in the last decade!!

If I am lucky, the only metastasis will have been to my brain!!!! Also if I am lucky, the new bio drugs,(different from chemo, which does not exist for kidney cancer), might be effective.

I will need radiation to my brain to zap micro cancers that may have already metastasized from the kidney. Hair will fall out and MIGHT grow back!!!

Kidney cancer is very slow, so no big guns need to be fired immediately. Have to go for lots and lots of CT scans before the plan of action is determined.

Is any of this good news? If so, which part?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Ellen,
I just want you to know that Rachel and I are thinking of you and your family in this difficult time. It is very hard for me to be so far away from Jeff right now, but I know he is doing everything he can to be strong. I can't really imagine what you are going through, but I know you well enough to believe that you are staying as strong as you can be, too. We love you all!
Love,
Scott