Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Songs. May 21, 1971

I
Woo me, woo me - the breeze in the springtime meadow
has turned off and is gone; they've grown still
the tightly closed sheaths of resplendent bud
that sleep, that sleep - oh woo me, woo me -
open the knot, the dream, the silent
sleeping,
the throbbing dream

II
Woo me, woo me - the stars remain frozen
in their wintry place;
like my heart
the freedom of movement this year
will not come.
Shift the pattern to a-maying
sky, so my snowbound grief will be undone.
Oh woo me - woo me

III
Tulips

Woo me, woo me - the bright sun expands
closed-up tight petals wide;
spread in the heat
like a red primal gash -

Oh woo me, woo me,
as I tight-lipped watching
stand.

IV
Woo me, woo me -
the wandering waves
are sucked back to the sea,
drawn by inescapable
gravity

Oh woo me, woo me

em

No comments: